Best Burger Restaurants in LA
Pop 5: Places to Satiate Your Burger Cravings
Now that you know where to wind down with a glass of wine after a hectic day, it's time to find out where to go when you have a sudden burger craving. Whether these pangs happen on the daily or just once in awhile, one has to be prepared. So without further delay, here are five burger joints that offer quality beef, innovative combinations, and just all-around amazing burgers.
- It doesn't have a website, the space isn't fancy, and it's decor isn't trendy, but Irv's Bugers (8289 Santa Monica Blvd., West Hollywood, 323-650-2456) knows how to make a memorable, home-style burger. It was started in the '50s, so it's had a long time to perfect its delectable burgers, like the popular double cheeseburger. Just don't forget to stop off at the ATM before going.
- You can't discuss the best burgers in LA without mentioning Umami Burger. Sure, the brioche bun and small size isn't for everyone, but those who love that slightly sweet taste are loyal fans to this joint. The most popular burgers are the truffle and SoCal burger, but Umami has a handful of delicious options.
- Burgers aren't the only things raved about at Father's Office (3229 Helms Ave., 310-736-2224; 1018 Montana Ave., Santa Monica, 310-736-2224) — beer is its specialty, too — but put those two together and you'll have a guaranteed tasty good time. The burgers here aren't cheap, but the quality of meat, perfectly caramelized onions, arugula lettuce, and sweet potato fries are all worth it.
- Another top spot for burgers is The Oinkster (2005 Colorado Blvd., 323-255-6465) in Eagle Rock. Choose from a classic 1/3-pound hamburger from fresh Nebraska Angus beef and the royale with bacon, chili, and pastrami.
- Miru 8691 (9162 W. Olympic Blvd., Beverly Hills, 310-777-8378) doesn't sound like a burger joint, but it has over 10 innovative burgers to experiment with. There's the seven with tempura shitake; the surf with beef and shrimp; and the unagi with eel, beef, and guacamole. Don't forget to ask your server for the burger of the day.