Best Hair Salons in Los Angeles
Pop 5: Fabulous Salons Your Hair Will Love
Hair salons are as vital to a girl, if not more, than nail salons. The more your hair looks, feels, bounces, and moves the way you want it to, the more your swagger shoots up. In a town with hundreds of places to choose from, how do you narrow it down to the creme de la creme? I've found five spots your tresses will love, whether you're into something swanky, chill, or punky.
- My go-to salon in LA is Anastasia Beverly Hills in Brentwood (11933 Wilshire Blvd., 310-479-8300). Anastasia Soare is known for her work with eyebrows, but her lead stylist, Jiwon Song, is a master with the scissors. One look at your tresses and she knows what needs to be done to make you a more fabulous version of yourself.
- When Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are in town, they hit up Prive (7373 Beverly Blvd., 323-931-5559) for all their hair needs. They see stylist Lorri Goddard-Clark, but there are a handful of other talented hairdressers that do everything from ombre to highlights to layering to styling in the swanky salon.
- Purple Circle (1724 N. Vermont Ave., 323-666-2965) in Los Feliz is all about the punky chic, avant-garde look. Whether you're into dreadlocks, spikes, or bold colors, every single stylist here is trained to make you look standout. They even do edgy makeup if you want a full funky look.
- Not only is the fashionable vibe and cheeky name at Echo Park's Goodhead (1527 W. Sunset Blvd., 323-580-3282) wholeheartedly welcomed, but its blowouts, haircuts, extensions, and coloring are worth raving about, too. Many of the stylists here are booked far in advance, which can be annoying, but is also a sign that they know good hair.
- Chrome Salon (10764 Washington Blvd., Culver City, 310-558-8909) is one of Culver City's most smashing spots for hair care. It has a chill feel, but there's nothing relaxed about the way they do hair — that is, except for when you ask for Japanese hair straightening. There are nine stylists, all worth a visit.