The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles
Pop 5: LA's Hottest Rooftop Bars
We Angelenos love our rooftop bars, but can you blame us? That's where we get insane views of the city, coupled with some of the hottest crowds and tastiest cocktails. A lot of the local hotels have rooftop restaurants and bars, but you have to be a guest to access many of them. Here are four you don't need a hotel key for and one that might just be worth a staycation.
- If rooftop bars are your hangout, then you've definitely made an appearance or two at The Standard Downtown's rooftop bar (550 S. Flower St., 213-892-8080). The views of the city and the fabulous pops of red make this the place to see and be seen.
- It's not outdoor, but The Huntley Hotel's penthouse bar (1111 2nd St., 18th Fl, Santa Monica, 310-394-5454) is still breathtaking. Everything from the beautiful bar in the center to the styled decor to the polished crowd makes this a spot to take in any night of the week.
- You wouldn't know it by just looking it, but Fiesta Cantina (8865 Santa Monica Blvd., West Hollywood, 310-652-8865) in West Hollywood has an awesome rooftop bar where you can order and down your margaritas. When things get loud and stuffy inside, head up there for a more chill time.
- Like some hotel rooftop bars, you have to be a guest at Petit Ermitage (8822 Cynthia St., West Hollywood, 310-854-1114) to enjoy its butterfly bar, but it might just be worth booking a staycation for a romantic, bohemian-style evening under the stars.
- ION Rooftop Pool Bar (900 W. Olympic Blvd., 213-743-8800) is located on the fourth floor of Ritz-Carlton in downtown, and though that's not the highest point of the hotel — WP24 is way higher up — it has open air and amazing views of the LA skyline.