Best Spas in LA
Pop 5: LA Spas For an Ultimate Day of Pampering
Now that we've settled on LA's most fabulous nail salons, it's the perfect time to segue into the city's ultimate spas. I mean, what's the point of having beautiful cuticles if you have painful kinks on your back and ugly blackheads on your nose? These five spots, everywhere from West Hollywood to downtown to Wilshire, are experts at pampering. From facials to massages to body wraps to scrubs, they've got the services you need to feel new again.
- Le Posh (7551 W. Sunset Blvd., 323-851-5558) is swanky, no doubt, but it also knows how to let loose. The salon, which debuted in February, meshes DJ beats and bubbly with spa services like hot stone massages and detox wraps. What's more, Le Posh also serves as a yoga studio. Spa of all trades indeed.
- Raya European Day Spa (533 N. La Cienega Blvd., West Hollywood, 310-652-2250) is Nicky Hilton's go-to spa, so you know it delivers the goods. It offers services like Swedish massages, deep tissue, hot stone therapy, body scrubs, and chair massages. You can even walk out with some quality Raya products, which Nicky also raves about.
- The Ritz-Carlton Spa (900 W. Olympic Blvd., 213-743-8800), located inside the luxurious hotel in downtown, is all about you. From the moment you step inside, you get treated like a queen with baths, touch therapy, champagne and citrus scrubs, and detailed facials. Then when you're all done, you can chill some more at the serene co-ed lounge.
- Equinox is primarily a gym, but the West Hollywood location debuted a nice spa in May called Spa 7 (8590 Sunset Blvd., West Hollywood, 310-657-4372). Skin rejuvenation, body contouring, skin tightening, and photo facials are just some of what it offers. On the day of your appointment, you can also enjoy free access to the full gym and sundeck.
- If you're into the whole day-spa thing, Beverly Hot Springs Spa (308 N. Oxford Ave., 323-734-7000) is one of the best. Just ask model Alessandra Ambrosio, who's been spotted there various times. This spot has everything from organic facials to microdermabrasion to oxygen facials to herbal rejuvenation massages as well as hot and cold pools, steam and dry saunas, shower rooms, and acupressure services.