Dita Von Teese's Favorite LA Restaurants and Spas
6 Spots Dita Von Teese Dines and Gets Pampered
You know where she gets all those fabulous clothes; now it's time to find out where burlesque babe Dita Von Teese curbs her appetite and pampers herself when she's off stage. Dita often wears body-hugging corsets, so to keep her svelte figure, she likes to eat healthy. And when she's not loading up on veggies, she winds down at spas and gets classic, half-moon manicures. Check out these recs she recently shared with me.
- Cru (1521 Griffith Park Blvd., 323-667-155) "I'm not even a vegan, but I love this place!"
- Winsor Pilates (8204 Melrose Ave., 323-653-8767) "See Mari Winsor or Brendali for the best bum-workout you've ever had!"
- Cube Restaurant (615 N. La Brea Ave., 323-939-1148) "Always a wonderful menu, with great wines and cheeses."
- Wi Spa (2700 Wilshire Blvd., 213-487-2700) "I love traditional Korean spas for a good after-show scrub and massage, and this one is a favorite because it's open 24 hours (great jetlag cure!) and has a coed floor with a Korean restaurant, yoga classes, steam and sauna rooms of all kinds so you can bring friends, male or female, and enjoy the spa experience together."
- Bulan Thai (4114 Santa Monica Blvd., 323-913-1488 and 7168 Melrose Ave., West Hollywood, 323-857-1882) "Again, I'm not a really a vegetarian, but living in Paris part-time often makes me crave healthy, meat-free foods. I love this place! I order the crispy 'fish' with green apple, Summer rolls and the busaba pumpkin."
- Diamond Nails (7095 Hollywood Blvd., Ste 201, 323-969-8760) "Owner Lynn has done my nails since I first moved to Hollywood in 2001, and she now has a devoted following of my fans who go to her for variations on my ever-present classic half-moon manicure!"