LA's Best Juice Bars
Pop 5: Best Juice Bars to Get Your Fresh Fruit Fill
Now that you've pampered yourself at LA's ultimate spas, it's time to put aside the masks and pick up some drinks. With Summer in full gear, this month is all about the best spots to get the freshest, most delicious sips, alcoholic and nonalcoholic. First up is LA's hottest juice bars. Here are the 5 you must hit up any time you're thirsty as heck and craving the freshest of fruits. Not only will your dry mouth be happy, but your body will be jumping for joy, too.
- Pressed Juicery (13050 San Vicente Blvd., Ste. 120, Brentwood, 310-451-1010) is one of the most loved juice bars in LA. Not only does it have a handful of celebrity fans like Nicole Richie and Whitney Port, it also has flavors that are plain good and good for you. The greens #2 is the most popular, but the watermelon mint is the most refreshing for Summer.
- Earth Bar (8365 Santa Monica Blvd., West Hollywood, 323-301-4980) is another super popular juice bar to try. Organic smoothies include blueberry bliss, radiant skin, and apple jax, and the menu also offers superfood powerboots like green detox powder and vegan protein. You can also find Earth Bar at various Equinox locations such as Santa Monica, West Hollywood, Westwood, Manhattan Beach, and Woodland Hills.
- Raw Can SuperJuice Bar (5301 W. Sunset Blvd., Ste. 7, 323-537-6611) provides refreshing nourishment in the craziness of Hollywood. Go in to try its detox cleanse, which uses fresh-pressed cane juice instead of processed maple syrup. The cane juice is naturally sweet but not fattening like most sweet drinks. It has anti-oxidants to cleanse your body and energize you.
- Liquid Juice Bar (8180 Melrose Ave., 323-300-8070) serves up innovative juices in a trendy setting right on Melrose Avenue in West Hollywood. It has wellness shots, smoothies, as well as fresh juices like detox power-ade, green energy potion, pink asylum, and fire me up with carrot, beet, orange, lime, and jalapeno.
- Body Factory (8000 Sunset Blvd., 888-263-9322) may not look like your average juice bar — it also sells tanning packages and fashionable home decor — but its fresh smoothies are serious. Just take a peek at some of the ingredients: alfalfa, apple, broccoli, carrot, echinacea, garlic, kelp, onion, quinoa, spinach, thyme, and tomato.
To find out two more popular LA juice bars,