What to Do in Venice Beach (Celebrity Interview)
Your Complete, Celeb-Approved Guide to Venice Beach
Actress Elisabeth Röhm travels the world for her job, but Venice Beach is where she calls home. And judging from her extensive list of favorite restaurants, bars, boutiques, gyms, and art galleries, she has fully immersed herself in the community. But before you follow her guide to Venice Beach, here's a quick word or two about the actress: She's earth-conscious, drives a Prius, eats organic, and has a 3-year-old daughter. Elisabeth also writes a celebrity mom blog on the side. When she's not busy doing all that she does, here's where you can find her hanging out in her 'hood.
- Wabi-Sabi (1637 Abbot Kinney Blvd., Venice, 310-314-2229) "A local staple. Best sushi around!"
- LFrank (1116 Abbot Kinney Blvd., Venice, 310-398-6334) "The most exquisite jewelry."
- Circuitworks (1410 Abbot Kinney Blvd., Venice, 310-664-1017) "The best workout around. You've got to give it a try!"
- Muscle Beach "It's a part of history."
- Mystic Journey Bookstore (1319 Abbot Kinney Blvd., Venice, 310- 399-7070) "A spiritual bookstore that has a true Venice vibe."
- Sauce (259B Hampton Dr., Venice, 310-399-5400): "Eating here at this local favorite spot is like being at a farmers market."
- Linus Bikes (1413 1/2 Abbot Kinney Blvd., Venice, 310-857-7777) "Beautiful bikes that are a work of art."
- Floral Art (1338 Abbot Kinney Blvd., Venice, 310-392-1633) "A florist that expands the word to art. It's like a gallery."
- Oscar's (523 Rose Ave., Venice, 310-310-8937) "Amazing fish tacos!"
- Big Red Sun (564 Rose Ave., Venice, 310-433-0019) "A gardening store that is more like visiting an art gallery than a store."
- Hal's Bar and Grill (1349 Abbot Kinney Blvd, Venice, 310-396-3105) "It's been here forever and is a part of food history."
- Kendall Conrad (1121 Abbot Kinney Blvd., Venice, 310-399-1333) "An incredible purse store. Just gorgeous."
- Roosterfish (1302 Abbot Kinney Blvd., Venice, 310-392-2123) "One of our cool local bars."
- The Brig (1515 Abbot Kinney Blvd., Venice, 310-399-7537) "Another great bar. It's a local favorite. All the famous food trucks gather outside!"
Photo by Kimberly Metz