dineLA Winter 2011 Lineup
dineLA Restaurant Week Lineup Announced! Here Are 5 to Try
Every foodie in LA looks forward to dineLA. I think of it as a sample sale for food: discounted prices, only with high-end fare and no booths. Winter's lineup was just announced — 297 participating restaurants will offer specially priced three-course prix fixe lunches and dinners — so put aside any food resolutions you made and get ready to indulge for two weeks, from Jan. 23 to 28 and Jan. 30 to Feb. 4. Just click on your desired restaurant's name and book online. Here are five places you'll find us within the first few days.
- Beechwood (822 Washington Blvd., Venice, 310-448-8884) Remember Jamie Lauren from Top Chef season 5? She left San Francisco's Absinthe Brasserie & Bar this year and joined this Venice eatery. I've been meaning to check it out; now I have more reason to. Book now.
- If you haven't seen the stunning view of the Burbank Hills at Castaway (1250 E. Harvard Rd., Burbank, 818-843-5013), go during dineLA; breathtaking scenery plus lower-priced fare sounds like a magnificent plan. Book now.
- Ozumo (395 Santa Monica Place, Ste 323, Santa Monica, 424-214-5130) This high-end sushi spot isn't cheap, so this is the ideal time to go. Plus, I just can't enough of their garlic soy-sauce edamame. Book now.
- SBE's Cleo (1717 Vine St., 323-962-1711), which debuted last September inside The Redbury Hotel, is a huge celeb magnet, so I look forward to having modern Mediterranean favorites like falafel and babaganoush alongside the stars. Book now.
- The one in Yountville is delicious, so now I want to try Thomas Keller's Bouchon (235 N. Canon Dr., 310-271-9910) in Beverly Hills to compare. Plus it'll feed my resolution to revisit classic restaurants. Book now.